It’s real. It’s here to stay. It’s a new way of thinking about fabric.
When setting long-term environmentally sustainable goals we have to ensure that we achieve the following:
REDUCE – the consumption of non-renewable resources such as oil, reducing water consumption, reducing the amount of waste that is dumped in landfills, fields and the sea.
REUSE – items to compensate for the use of disposable products.
RECYCLE – materials to give them new life and new value.
Changing consumer mentality:
New studies reveal the following conclusive data: (ref: Havas Consulting)
• 35% of consumers would be willing to pay more for an ecologic product.
• 89% of consumers are planning to buy more ecologic products in the next 12 months.
• 74% of consumers believe that they can actively help to combat climate change.
• 79% of consumers would buy from companies that are doing everything they can to reduce their impact on environment.
We wanted to take steps to increase our environmental sustainability as a company and have therefore brought the recover collection to the market. Recover is made from recycled cotton & polyester.
Based on the production of one tonne of recycled cotton yarn
• Saves 4’817.6 litres of water
• Saves 16.5 kg of chemical products
• Avoids the emission of 233.8 kg of CO2 into the atmosphere
• Avoids the dumping of 3’574.4 litres of contaminated wastewater
• Saves 512.5 kW/h of energy
• Recycles textile garments or clips that would otherwise be treated as waste
• Saves a 1990.1m2 surface of cotton-growing land per tonne of yarn, which can be used to grow other crops
The recycled polyester that is used in the Recover range comes from recycling PET bottles. Recycling this fibre is a very new technique, which makes it possible to give new life to a waste product that pollutes our environment
MADE IN GREEN
The Recover range is sold with Made in Green Certificate. This certificate is a green seal signifying total quality assurance.
• It is an important symbol for those offering or seeking textile products made with a guaranteed lack of substances that are harmful to people’s health.
• This quality seal certifies that, throughout its trace ability, the product has been manufactured at production centres that respect the environment and universal workers’ rights.